The School was built in 1870 by John Rolls, the father of the aviator Charles.
The family retain strong links with us and we use their family crest and motto ‘Celeritas et Veritas’ (Nimble & True). Our school colours are taken from the Rolls Royce livery.
During the war the building was home to over a hundred children, and it remained open as the Village School until 1991. Many local people remember the school with affection and often come back to visit us.
At a time when rural schools are closing and amalgamating, Principal Rosemary Whaley recognised the potential of such a magnificent building in its beautiful setting and saw it as the perfect location to house her vision of what educating children could be.
The School is an intrinsic part of the local community, hosting weddings, national and country elections, festivals and concerts.